Cedar Creek Lake Information
Cedar Creek Lake has everything you could want in water activities! If you are looking for a lake that has great boating, swimming, fishing, and beautiful scenery, look no further. You will love Cedar Creek Lake!
Cedar Creek Lake is the fourth largest lake in Texas and is one of the most popular lakes for boating and fishing. Cedar Creek Lake has 320 miles of shoreline and is 18 miles long and 8.5 miles wide at the widest point and is 53 feet at its deepest. Cedar Creek Lake is conveniently located about 55 miles southeast of Dallas, Texas so the short commute to is a big benefit to "weekenders" or permanent residents that commute to DFW.
Cedar Creek Lake was created in 1964 as a water reservoir for Tarrant County and is one of the very few lakes in Northeast Texas that allows property ownership of the waterfront with the ability to have your own private boathouse. Cedar Creek Lake has also been recognized as one of the best places in the country to live for retirement.
Towns on or near Cedar Creek Lake include Kemp, Mabank, Gun Barrel City, Payne Springs, Enchanted Oaks, Eustace, Log Cabin, Caney City, Malakoff, Star Harbor, Trinidad, Tool and Seven Points.
Cedar Creek Lake was built on Cedar Creek, a tributary to the Trinity River. The dam is located in Malakoff at the south end of the lake. The spillway lets water into a canal to the Trinity River located on the west side of the lake. Other major creeks that contribute to the inflow are Caney Creek, Clear Creek, and King's Creek.
Cedar Creek Lake is an excellent place to vacation or live full or part-time.
For investors and second home buyers, short-term rentals are very popular here to offset your expenses.
- Eustace ISD - For Eustace Fast Facts, click here. The campuses include the Primary, Intermediate, Junior High and High School.
- Kemp ISD - Campuses include Primary, Intermediate, Junior High and High School.
- Mabank ISD - Campuses include 3 elementary schools, Intermediate, Junior High and High School.
- Malakoff ISD - Campuses include 2 elementary schools, Middle and High School.
- Trinidad ISD - the smallest school district in the area.
ECCFWSD (903) 887-7103 www.eastcedarcreek.net
West Cedar Creek FWSD (903) 432-3704
Mabank Water (903) 887-3241
Republic-Allied Waste (800) 678-7274 www.disposal.com
•Residential (855) 7500899
•Business (888) 399-5501
Reliant Energy (866) 222-7100 www.reliant.com
Direct Energy www.directenergy.com
•Business (877) 877-3268
Suddenlink (903) 887-0240 www.suddenlink.com
Atmos Energy (888) 286-6700 www.atmosenergy.com
Independent Propane dba Penny's Propane (903) 887-6487
Drivers License/Auto Renewal
- Auto Vehicle Registration - Henderson County 125 N Paririeville St. Athens 903.675.6135 (Branch office located in Seven Points.
- Driver's License Office Renewal is located in Athens off of Hwy 175.